Any teacher knows the value and benefits of using a rubric when marking students work or work habits.
With this in mind we’ve been super busy over the last few months crafting an assessment app that captures the simplicity of paper assessment with the power of digital tools. Introducing our new app;
Easy Rubric (iOS)(FREE)
Easy Rubric is a versatile and user-friendly app, designed to minimise the time and effort involved in assessing students and classes of all ages, levels and learning environments.
With Easy Rubric you can
• Build or import your own class lists
• Build or import your own rubrics
• Assess students by simply selecting a class list and rubric
• Assess individual students against relevant assessment criteria
• Use its flexibility to measure students’ progress against achievement descriptors
• Generate reports that can be edited, exported, printed and archived
In the classroom, Easy Rubric can be used as a valuable tool to empower students. If the teacher chooses, students can have input into their assessment criteria and even design their own rubric. Students become self directed learners and all the guesswork is taken out of the assessment as they set their own benchmarks for their work.
Take a tour of the Easy Rubric app below;
Ready to Go Rubrics
To help you get started with using Easy Rubric we’ve prepared a collection of rubrics which you can download and use inside of the app. Feel free to use them as is, or modify them to suit your needs.
To download these to your Google Drive you can do the following;
- Click the rubric you want from the list below (this will open a new window)
- From the top right press the + in the top right to add the file to your drive. (make sure you’re logged into your google account)
- Repeat for all rubrics
Here’s the collection of available Rubrics
To learn how to import the rubrics above using your Google Drive account you can follow along with the video below;