In my opinion Google Chrome is by far the best web browser on the planet, allowing me to operate with a level of fluidity and power not present in other platforms.
So what makes Google Chrome so good? Well its a number of things, but one of the main reasons for me is the plethora of web apps and extensions available that take it from a boring old browser to just about anything you want. So without further a do, join me as I share 6 of my favourite chrome extensions and web apps for the PE classroom.
Remember Animated GIFs? They featured all over the early internet as a way of providing moving images long before YouTube made Video so easy. Well they’ve certainly made a comeback and best of all they’ve never been easier to create. See the video tutorial here once you’ve downloaded the chrome app
How to use Animated Gifs in PE
1. When Introducing a new skill to a group, turn the key phases into an animated GIF and showcase this on Loop via a large screen display
2. Embed them in Google Forms for a great way to create a test, survey or questionnaire surrounding student understanding of skills or movement.
4. Turn the URL from the upload above into a QR Code, that when scanned on a mobile device provides a skill prompt.
Get your students moving with the super quick and easy FatCat 7 Minute Workout. The perfect way to kick start a practical session, or get your students moving during a traditional classroom session.
What the 7 minute workout app does:
- Outline of all the exercises in the workout.
- See animation and text descriptions of each exercise.
- Perform the workout with countdown timers and prompting for each exercise and breaks.
- Voice prompting for each step.
Vidalyze is a game changing Video Analysis Tool designed exclusively for Schools. Vidalyze makes video analysis a realistic and scalable experience dealing with user management, video storage, teacher feedback and the assessment process.
What’s My Vertical is a web browser based vertical jump calculation tool that lets users accurately measure their vertical jump height using the scientifically validated to measure tool. Watch a video tutorial here
Replay It is the worlds first Video Delay application made exclusively for Google Chrome. A simple yet powerful real-time video analysis tool that helps you analyse and improve your sporting activities or the performance of your students or athletes.
Replay It is available right now for FREE from the Google Chrome Web store and works on any laptop or Chromebook that runs the Chrome Browser. Also if you want to complete a 30 minute webinar with certificate of attendance focusing on how to use Replay It in the PE Classroom then you can register here
Get these above Apps in a Quick Reference form PDF FREE by clicking the button below.
Got a favourite Google Chrome App that we didn’t mention in this post? Let me know via the comments, I’d love to check it out.