Discovering the wonders of the Human Body has always been one of my favourite topics to learn and teach. From exploring the bones of the body to understanding the process of energy production, the human body seems to capture students imagination.
With this in mind, imagine my excitement when I stumbled across ‘The Body Browser‘ by Google a few months ago. As the name suggests Body Browser allows the user to navigate through the human body with speed, precision and complete anatomical accuracy. Check out the video demonstration from Betchaboy below.
So how could you use this in a PE/Health Classroom?
- Explore the cardiovascular/respiratory systems and how they respond to exercise and training
- Use it to explain the flow of blood through the body and how it supports oxygen is transportation
- Explore the different organs of the body in detail to give students and understanding of organ donation and diseases
- Teach the different planes of the human body and explore anatomical terminologies
- Learn about the Central Nervous System and its role in muscle fibre recruitment
- ……etc etc
How could you use it in your classes?